Wednesday, July 05, 2006

What fun have we here!

So for the 4th of July, Rick, Tommy and I went to my Mom's farm. We only got to stay Monday night, and came back home on Tuesday but it was still a lot of fun.

I like to take walks around Mom's farm when I go up-there are a lot of neat things to be seen.















I took this picture of a monarch that very politely posed for me as I took some up close photos of it.

The highlight of the 4th for me has been in more recent years has not been blowing up fireworks myself, but taking pictures of them as they were lit up by others. I took some 107 pictures, but I'll spare you folks all of that and show you the ones that I liked the best.

























These next pictures are what the sparklers looked like with the fireworks setting on my Sony DSC100. If I'm not mistaken, the shutter speed slows down to about 5 seconds, capturing every bit of light. This would be why the above pictures look like tracers, and not fireworks, but also allows for making cool designs with the light from the sparklers.

















The above picture was done by Tommy and the below picture was me playing around.




















I promise that there is actual knitting content coming soon-I've been working in a tank top, and started a shawl recently. In the meantime, though, go check out the new edition of knitty! I haven't gotten a chance to look at it too much yet, but I'm sure it'll be great!

I hope everyone had a great 4th!

1 comment:

KatyaR said...

How said is this--that first picture of the fireworks?

I thought it looked like fiber.

It's a sickness, I tell you.