Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!

First thing's first, sorry it's late, guys (definitely click for big on this one):















A really nice picture of a phaleonopsis orchid taken at the botanical gardens with my Canon.

So the day before my birthday, a friend of mine was walking behind me stepped on the back of my flip-flop while I was stepping forward (a complete accident). My foot was badly bruised, and I had it under ice all day Thursday and was still kinda hobbling about a bit on Friday.

Rick took me to the botanical gardens on Friday for my birthday after doctoring up my foot, and I took some nice pictures. I took one that I think I will replace my current banner with. I also wanted to go to the yarn store to pick up some yarn to make the Baby Genius Burp Cloth from Mason Dixon Knitting, but I came home with this:














That's two skeins of Boomerang by Fiesta, a skein of rayon by Blue Heron Yarns (destined for a clapotis) and a skein of laceweight from Schaefer yarns (100% silk! oooh....). I also ended up with the cotton for the cloth and two shawl pins that managed to not make it in to the picture.

When I woke up on Saturday, I couldn't talk, my head was pounding, my throat was swollen (to the point I vomited, fun!), I had little red dots all around my eyes and off to the doctor we went. The doctor said that my dots were an allergic reaction to who knows what, and that I may or may not have strep. If it wasn't strep it was a sinus infection and I wasn't contagious, if it was strep then Rick would get it.

Rick got it, btw.

However this did lend me some time to get some knitting done:















That's a washcloth out of Takhi Cotton Classic, a umbilical-cord roll-up hat, and some of the aforementioned burp cloth. I get to sanitize these in some very hot water before I give them to my nephew, as I was knitting on them while I was sick.

So, that's how I fell apart for my birthday. I think the sky is falling, could someone hand me an umbrella?

2 comments:

Carol said...

If I gave you an umbrella and the sky is falling, it may close up on you. So you have to get out from under the sky. You sure do move fast on the needles and remember, next year, CELEBRATE the birthday, don't fall apart!
x

soxchik said...

So sorry you were hurling on your b'day. Sucks. Anyway, I love the baby goodies. What a sweet auntie!