Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Happy Birthday Pancho!

...Or Dad. We went to Chelino's for Dad's 47th, and he gained a name. We shall call him...Pancho. We will expect to see this alternate personality rise from time to time. I say it's all Rick's influence. He has said that the Mexicans are taking over, after all.


And now for the knitting related content:
We have yarn! The yarn that is around the bobbins is the yarn that is Kool-Aid dyed (there are actually two skeins of this lace-weight, but I've only shown one), and then there's the yarn that I spun on the wheel. Go ahead, maximize the picture...bask in the spinning wonder. I'm actually really proud of myself. Earlier this year, I complained that my spinning wheel was just mocking me from the corner of my apartment, but now, at the end of the year, we have real yarn. I'm still in denial, though. I'll believe that it's real yarn when I am using it for a project.



I leave you with a picture of a mushroom ring that formed outside of my apartment recently. I apologize that the picture is dark-I would have taken it in the daytime, but by the time that I woke up some mixture of animals or children (but nothing like an animalistic child) had knocked them all over.

No comments: