Monday, April 16, 2007

Are we seeing a lot of Nature Mondays lately?

It seems that I am always posting on Mondays lately.

















That is a picture of another mysterious flower from my garden, which I did some clean up work on this weekend that I had been putting off. Minor stuff, really. I added a separator to alert Rick that he was about to mow over the garden in the hopes that he would not do so. It already had one, but it was so close to the ground that if you weren't paying attention you'd roll the little mower right over it. I also did a bit of weeding closer up to the japanese boxwoods that line the front of our house.

Oh, yes, that knitting I promised you:




















I am knitting the Chevron Stipes Towel from Mason Dixon Knitting. I am loving knitting with Euroflax, it's a bit pricey, but I love the color palate, and the way that this is looking knit up is definitely worth the stiffness of the yarn while knitting. I can't wait to toss it in the washer and see it get softer.

I also grouted a mosaic candle-holder that I made recently.




















It is posed there on top of a table runner that I sewed a couple of weeks back. You can't see it, but there is loopy corded fringe at either side of the runner that is the same color of green. I love it.

Oh, you wanted to see how it looked all lit up?


It was really fun making this and it's fair to say that I learned a lot. Maybe I will make more mosaic items in the future.

Have a good week!

5 comments:

soxchik said...

Oh Cassa, you're getting that mosiac bug! A few years back my sister gifted me with a glass cutter, a bag of tessare glass tiles, and some grout. I did some lovely picture frames. Someday in the future, I plan to tile the world!!!!!

Carol said...

You are multi-talented! Your mosaic is really pretty! And she sews too! I hope I get around soon to my linen, a very cool fabric indeed! Thanks for the well wishes, and good luck!

Carol said...

That's so cool that you're in the Dishcloth KAL too! Since there will be a little time, I need to pick a new one out before they start again. I may just do another mitered cloth since it was so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Mom is very impressed!! Love the mosaic!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful candle holder. I think thats a new craft I need to try....