Monday, June 18, 2007

The Great Return of Knitting!














Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
-Buddha

It seems like lately I've been taking a lot of pictures. Mostly what I post here are pictures of nature and of my knitting/spinning, but I assure you that I do like to take pictures of other things. I like this quote (attributed to Buddha, but since I'm not Buddhist, who knows?), because it feels like what I've been doing. Photography is the art of preserving what is happening right now. In an effort to take decent photos, I've noticed myself trying to be more aware of what is going on around me and noticing more detailed things.

Just thought I'd share.

On the knitting/spinning front, I've been pretty busy. I finished the singles for the yarn that I showed you last week:



















...and am currently working on plying it. The color in the photo above I don't feel is a good representation of color since a lot of purples and lime greens are on the inside of the ball and can't be seen.

Also, I bought the most perfect yarn for the most perfect shrug:















The yarn was dyed by Dream in Color in the Some Summer Sky colorway, purchased from Knitter's Palette. I can't wait!

Also, I finished the sock that I showed you last week. I've already started on the next sock:




















...but that may have to wait a bit. You see, my brother-in-law just had a baby boy! It was something that was kind of found out at the last moment (they don't live near here), so I may have to work something up for little Braxton. (yes, there will be pictures!)

For Joy: details on Eye Candy Friday can be found here. It's pretty much a group of people who post pretty pictures on Friday. I've kinda strayed a bit from that, however, as I do my own 'Nature Monday' edition. Hm...I suppose I should make a button and fix that, huh?

For Sue: I really didn't have too much of a problem with the Cascade Fixation. It was a little weird at first, but it wasn't too bad for me. I will probably buy more of it for future socks, but right now I'm trying to whittle down my stash, so that may be awhile.

2 comments:

Procrastiknitter said...

Congrats Uncle and Auntie Orchid! Wow, you have been busy with the knitting too!

Carol said...

The sock is really nice! So are your photos. A good lesson indeed. Blogging does have thinking in the now more often than not.