So, I'm still around, I promise. We've been busily working on the nursery, and although it was taken at night, here is a sneak peek of nursery-in-progress:
We have picked a name, too! I don't think that I want to post it on the web, however, since you never know who's reading. I would be more than willing to tell you what it is if you comment with replies allowed or email me. :)
I have also been working on baby things, but somehow have a lack of pictures of them. That's ok, though, because I did manage to get a picture of some yarn I've spun lately. This is a carded silk batt from Gwen with Fiber Clouds, purchased at Rendezvous this year:
I am thinking that I may make something a bit extravagant for the baby out of the silk. Perhaps some baby booties or a cap? There's 161 yds. of it, so whatever I make, it'll have to be somewhat smallish-not difficult for baby stuff.
I also finished a silk/alpaca/wool blend from Susan's Spinning Bunny. Rather, I finishsed 3 oz out of 9 oz, or one ball of it. I'm keeping it broken down in the 3 oz. amounts to spin since my bobbins hold 4 oz. each, and I don't want to end up with just one little bit left at the end.
It took me forever to finish that 3 oz. though-I think I started spinning on it back in February.
Another bit of good news to cap off the updates: Rick has finished sanding and staining my Kromski Symphony and my accessories for it! I think we're going to work on Wood Beaming it tonight and maybe I'll be able to get it put together again pretty soon! Whoot!