Monday, January 19, 2009

Busy Bee

So I've been busy over the last week or so, getting 10 skeins of superwash merino/cashmere/nylon (60/20/20) ready to sell. We had a big dye night the other night, and then with the labelling and the skeining, I'm just kaput! I took them to spinning night tonight, and sold three of them (yay!) Here's the basket before it went with me:














I will be posting the rest of them for sale on Etsy this week. We are going to have to fix our back patio this year, since the overhang that the previous owners built (and is attached to our roof) was shoddily built and will fall in on our also poorly constructed back porch this Spring. I'm trying to save up to help cushion the costs of doing to our backyard what needs to (and I want to) have done. :)


I've also been doing a fair bit of spinning, lately. This skein will also be going up for sale on Etsy, since I didn't sell anything at SWAK this past month.














It's teeswater wool that I carded with some firestar. You can see the sparkle (and boy is it sparkly! Click for big.) a bit better in this picture:














There's more, but it will have to wait until next time. :) Ta-ta for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for etsy. Hey-- make an ad-- I can put it on my blog!

Rachel said...

Wow, super gorgeous! Either leave me a message on Facebook, or on my blog, or on Ravelry when they are up on Etsy. I'm interested.