Sunday, May 10, 2009

So we Rendevous-ed.

Yesterday was Rendezvous, the annual meet-and-greet/fiber festival for our spinning group the Log Cabin Spinners. This was my first year vending there although I'd attended for the past 4 years. It's always a good time and I enjoy seeing people that I haven't seen in awhile on the craft scene.




















I shared a table with Fae (who has another account of Rendezvous), and this was my part of the setup. It got cold next to that window since it was in the 50's yesterday morning!

Here are some folks who attended:














I really didn't pick up a lot for myself. I traded some sock yarn for some alpaca with one of our local alpaca ladies, Terry. I also picked up some angelina for carding, and this from Gwen:














Mmmm....bamboo-ey goodness.

The rest of my merino/cashmere/nylon sock yarn will be travelling up to SWAK for sale and will be available by this weekend. I think I'm sending a couple of the merino tops up there, too.

Also, I joined an online daily photo blog. It should be fun, and I'll enjoy getting back to my camera at least once a day.

One last thing: Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! Enjoy your cards or chocolate or flowers or nice meal or whatever your s/o or children did for you today!

1 comment:

faerielady said...

When I get the pix off my camera I'll actually do a decent Rendezvous post.