Saturday, April 23, 2005

Anticipation...

IT'S MAKING ME WAIT!

Ugh...I've been so excited about the upcoming knitting event that I can barely contain myself! I can't even concentrate on the knitting that I have been working on!

To compensate, I've been working on this:



Yes, that's some of the laceweight merino I bought from handpaintedyarn.com. The yarn smelled funny when it came out of the mailer, so I stuffed it all in a box with some cotton balls with lavendar oil drops on them (cotton, not the merino). That definitely helped. I hope to make a shawl in it from A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swansen, which I bought last week.
I've also been working on this:



Yes, that's a little baby fruit hat (that would be fruit hat for baby, not baby hat for fruit) that I've been working on for my friend Sara. It's being constructed out of Wool Cotton by Debbie Bliss.

I also bought
(bookbookbook) At Knit's End:Meditations for Women Who Knit too Much by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, which is absolutely freakin' hilarious! I recommend this book to any and every knitter on the face of the Earth! You will want to read every page of it to a loved one, but do not be surprised when they aren't nearly as excited as you are. There are only so many things that nonknitters will understand as is described in the book. Just buy the book-you'll see.

In other news, my cat jumped into my roommate's bath-tub the other day. You might ask, "Why did your cat jump into the tub when cats are distinctive enemies of water?" I would reply, "I have no freakin' clue, but she whined about it once she was in there." ...and she did. She jumped into the tub and started yowling as loud as she could. When we rushed back to the bathroom to find out what was happening, we turned on the light to find that she was hunched over in the tub with her ears flat on her head. She.Looked.Pissed. Observe!




Last but not least, I thought that I'd share a picture of a double-rainbow I saw the other day outside of our apartment. The rainbows were both complete arcs at one point, it was definitely awesome.



No comments: