Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!

So, it's Earth Day, and I know that usually on a Earth-event days I post a poem and encourage everyone to do their part to make the world a better place. Unfortunately, this year, I was too distracted to be in a mood for angry-save-the-planet-or-else poem writing. Instead, I bring you pictures from my garden (click for big).













































There, wasn't that nice? Oh, yes, there was one more:

I knit the Upside-Down Daisy Hat from Itty Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson, with liberties in regards to petal placement. I thought that our little girl should have an appreciation for nature's imperfections. (Really, I just liked that it looked like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.) It also leads me to my final thought for you for Earth Day:

Go plant a flower or something, just add water and enjoy! Happy Earth Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty pictures! Great version of the petal hat. It is definitely Seussian.

soxchik said...

The hat is very Cindy Lou Who